Why Work at village?
Join an established team where great ideas are valued
£22-£26k P/A dependent on experience.
Free On-Site Parking
Convenient, free on-site parking
Work up to 2 days a week from home
About the company
Village blinds have been creating beautiful blinds for homes across Northern Ireland for the last 30 years. Our dedication to excellent quality products and the very best standards in customer service has seen the business grow from our local retail business to include manufacturing blinds to the trade and more recently our retail e-commerce platform. We have ambitious plans for our future growth and are actively recruiting an SEO specialist to join our small, but established marketing team.
About the role
We want to solidify the position of our group of companies via a strong presence in organic search and we’re committed to increasing that reach in local and international markets. We’re seeking a motivated and passionate SEO professional located in Northern Ireland, with a history of improving organic traffic and presence in search engines, and who has a hunger for professional growth and development.
You will have a passion for all things SEO and be motivated by the opportunity to expand the ranking capabilities in the UK & Irish markets
The key responsibility of this role is to improve the SEO rankings of our group websites in the United Kingdom & Ireland, both through technical and content-based strategies. The role will include but not be limited to; competitor analysis, technical audits, assisting in large site migrations, on-page optimizations, detailed keyword research, link building, international SEO, reporting and monitoring of SEO trends.
Experience and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualification in business, marketing, or IT
- 3+ years working in SEO roles
- Knowledgeable in technical SEO elements
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Search Console, Bing, Moz, GetSTAT, SEMrush, or other SEO-based tools
- Comfortable working on simultaneous SEO projects
- Deep understanding of SEO trends and algorithmic updates
- Previous experience using Magento/WordPress
- Experience using CMS systems and building landing pages for websites
- Previous experience delivering SEO on e-commerce projects.
- Experience delivering SEO improvements leading to organic traffic increases
- We partake in in ‘white-hat SEO techniques only – ‘black-hat practices will not be considered
- Experienced in using collaboration and project management and reporting software such as Slack/Asana/Trello/Optimize.
- Experience working in-house
- Previous experience using Magento/Shopify/WordPress
- Ecommerce experience
- Ability to work independently & flexibly
- Able to take a collaborative approach in engaging with different parts of the business
- Problem solving and follow-through
- Effective time-management skills including the ability to prioritize & work well under pressure
- Possess critical thinking and analytical abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear alignment with our group values (Growth, Innovation, Fun, Passion, Integrity)
Application deadline: TBC
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: £22,000 – £26,000 per year
- Hybrid working environment with 2 days per week working from home.
- Free parking at our Ballymena-based offices.
- Monday to Friday, (early finish Friday)
- SEO: 3 years (preferred)
Reference ID: VB-SEO-0721
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
Apply for this role
Want to join the team here at Village Blinds? Please submit your CV Via the form and we will review your experience.
Life at village
Village blinds have been part of the local community in Ballymena for 30 years. We’ve built our business thanks to the hard work and dedication of our entire team, and we value everything they do.